[Mb-hair] Akira Kurosawa

richard haase hotprojects at nyc.rr.com
Fri Apr 28 15:51:19 PDT 2006

kurasowa
was the greatest in my lifetime

eg

1) kurasawa
2) bergman
3) mike nichols
4) tom ohorgan
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Barbara Siomos
  To: mb-civic at islandlists.com
  Cc: mb-hair at islandlists.com
  Sent: Friday, April 28, 2006 6:31 PM
  Subject: [Mb-hair] Akira Kurosawa

  To anyone interested in this great director I have just seen today on DVD a "Bonus Disc" in addition to the film "Ikiru" filmed in 1962 .... It is about and includes interviews and spoken bits regarding HIS feeling on films etc. It is marvelous....

  It is a separate disc with two parts and is 2hrs and 23 min. long...... I ordered it from NETFLIX which has many many of his films on hand.... If anyone wants to order they can do so on the web from NETFLIX.... They have FREE trial offers usually of one week, but I have also seen some trial periods longer. Check it out Richard since you are a fan... I could not believe it, it is so great...

  One of his quotes: "it's critical to make sure you have a good subject. If the subject itself is flawed, changing the shooting method will not help the shot. The challenge is in shooting something worthy of watching.
  "Building a film school is fine, but talent can't be taught".     Hmmmn. so simple and so true. :-)

  peace,
  barbara