[Mb-hair] Jay Records ?

Wm-A Gonzalez bgonzal at rci.rutgers.edu
Mon Apr 24 07:45:13 PDT 2006

It was going to be a studio recording of the full score, similar to the
one they did for Cabaret, part of their Masterworks series.  I didn't
think that it also included dialog, but according to the description of
the series:

"JAY Original Masterworks Edition recordings utilise the original book,
music, lyrics and orchestrations of the musical masterworks. By
recording the original version, the essence of these musical
masterworks, as originally conceived by the authors and enjoyed by the
public, is preserved for the new Digital era."

So maybe it was indeed a complete recording.  If so, maybe it is delayed
due to rights issues?

-Bil