[Mb-hair] Rocky Horror

Beverly Bremers bev at beverlybremers.com
Mon Apr 3 17:34:24 PDT 2006

RJ - Cool! I'm glad you liked my more soulful rendition! I had a great time doing it. The audience was 10 times weirder than the show! I think most people are unaware that it was a stage show first because it didn't play in very many places, unlike "Hair", which was everywhere (thanks to a brilliant producer!).

Actually, Bruce Scott played Riff-Raff in the original production and then replaced by Bart Braverman, who later was a regular on the tube in "Vegas". You might have seen Alan Martin do Frank, too. Kim Milford, who also did "Hair", played Rocky.

I saw the show before I was in it and was knocked out by it, especially Frankenfurter's entrance from the back of the house. And the cast was great - Bonnie Enton, Jaime Donnelly & my bud from "Hair", Susan Morse!

Personally, I found the movie inferior. It just seemed like they video-taped the stage show with no changes to compensate for the medium. (At least they tried in the "Hair" movie). Loved the author, though, Richard O'Brien, as Riff-Raff, as well as Barry Boswick and the one and only, Meatloaf. On the plus side - the audience participation is what made it an exciting event. Would have been hell live that way, though.

Beverly