[Mb-hair] Toronto Hair

richard haase hotprojects at nyc.rr.com
Sun Apr 2 09:21:47 PDT 2006

being empirical being scientific
we dont know that it hasnt worked
we know that one of the major critics in the city and one of the upi releases bombed it
and that there is some negative buzz on the street
this may or may not have to do with socio political factors substantively
eg the 77 revival in nyc was a brilliant production in every aspect i thought
( although given not the original which was utterly unique and powerful etc )
and got excourgiated for some reason i have never been able to discern
as the production was so good and so enjoyable and the audience was screaming and on their feet
and singing along and cheering 5 minutes into the production
and didnt stop until the show ended
it was an absolutely brilliant production in my estimation
and the audience loved it
and the critics devoured it in a bad way
and it died
and went down pretty much as a flop
and was a brilliant sublime production i thought
so the reality may or may not be that the play is bad

?
there is a certain buzz to that effect now, but it may not be veridical en vivo in fact

and the production may still be selling we dont know
the audience sales is a key judge
and perhaps much more important
the audience could be both loving it and buying tickets

or it could be a dog
?
we simply dont know

we know there have been some negative reviews and some negative buzz

but thats all
anything more is speculation
but im dieing to know
and to know why