[Mb-hair] i feel bad for the kid ( kramer ) in london

Wm-A Gonzalez bgonzal at rci.rutgers.edu
Mon Sep 26 05:56:35 PDT 2005

Well, at least he tried.  Obviously he had the passion to try to bring HAiR's message to a new audience.  Besides, he seems to have had J. Rado's blessing to alter the material.

Updating is tricky.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  In terms of HAiR, I think it usually doesn't.

Is anyone familiar with the version that was staged in Vienna a few years ago (2000?).  All of the song arrangements were vastly updated, and as far as I can tell from photos of the production, the settings and costumes were also.  Was that production at all successful?

-Bil Gonzalez