[Mb-hair] Re: Mb-hair Digest, Vol 15, Issue 47

James Pappaconstantine georgeberger69 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 24 19:36:58 PDT 2005

Corrine.. what a cool idea..

JIM

venuetheatre at juno.com wrote:
RE: New HAiR?? Robin - Amy take note Charles I love you

Hi Robin, Amy

Why re-write HAiR? The show stands on it's own. When we updated it in
the 70's, it started to get too sloppy. LET IT BE what it was when Gerry
and Jim first wrote it. No, it was not meant to be a museum piece
Richard, but let's face it, it is perfect as it is. It still should be
performed, and done a LOT in it's original version. It is the most
moving piece to date, (but I need to mention "Johnny Got His Gun" and
"Whose Life is it Anyway."

We need a whole new show around what is happening now. If WE can't write
one, someone else will and probably will fuck it up. We have the
passion. Let's go for it.

Sorry guys, but we were at the forefront then and we MUST be at the
forefront now.

Who wants to collaberate? I am willing to offer my studio to work.
Plus winter is coming and Florida is nice from October on.

Charles - there are always going to be people full of hate, we cannot
change them. We can only change ourselves.
We must make a new show.

We can include the Sheehan stuff, and the MButler stuff and the
references to Vietnam. But this was does not have the anti-movement that
we had. Can we instill this in the youth of today? I think so.
We can at least try. I believe we MUST try.

Corinne

PS Why is there so much junk on this string? Please try to contiain
your putting everyone elses comments along with yours! This really
sucks.

** Venue Theatre Collective and Actors Studio is a not for profit
501(c)(3) Corporation, founded in 1992.
ALL MAIL TO THE OFFICE: 5124 Ninth Avenue N, St Petersburg, FL 33710.
THE STUDIO is in MAINLANDS PLAZA, 9125 US 19 N, Pinellas Park (at
Mainlands Blvd.) 1 mi N of Gandy/Park Blvd. 727-822-6194 cell
727-656-8525
Visit our web site at www.VenueActorStudio.org

http://mail.yahoo.com