[Mb-hair] Re: Mb-hair Digest, Vol 15, Issue 45

richard haase hotprojects at nyc.rr.com
Sat Sep 24 14:41:21 PDT 2005

and i disagree vehemently
the zeigeist of hair was that it was cutting edge
it was never meant to be a museum piece
obviously the inclusion of ipods is cheap and meaningless etc

and the fact is with the commercial reality of recoupment\
even a modest size first class company of hair costs approx 4 million and
up; and americans unfortunately do not want a history; lesson; regretably

this is not my opinion
but what i have observed in professional media currently
eg the production of two gentlemen of verona
just done in the park in nyc
another wonderful wonderful show
was just massacred by the critics
i think rather arbitrarily forces in american culture
decided first that the 70s, then the 60s were declasse
and again these are quantiative statements
not qualitative ones
and not representative of my personal opinion
eg i loved loved loved the original production