[Mb-hair] Good press

James Pappaconstantine georgeberger69 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 23 16:35:31 PDT 2005

Personally... I have to side with the traditionalists.. Which is strange for me, as I am usually standing on the outside looking in. I've only seen Hair done the traditional way but I don't think I would like it reworked..  I do know that I Did Jesus Christ Superstar (Jesus) and we did it traditional way.. It was great and got mass appeal and press, Maybe two years later a larger theatre did it, I went to audition and had doubts when I read that the director was going to change it up.. I auditioned anyway.. and would have been cast as Jesus again, had I agreed to cut my hair.. The directors vision was to have Jesus be basically a skinhead. (I would not cut my freak flag and I didn't get the part.) A friend of mine got the part of Jesus and I went to see it.. I have to say.. I hated it.. Judas died from shooting up Heroin, The gaurds had guns and camoflauge and when Jesus died, nobody cried. I was so glad I didn't get the part. Again.. I have not seen Hair done any other way..
  but
 from that experience with JCS I doubt I would dig it.  My opinion.. JIM

richard haase <hotprojects at nyc.rr.com> wrote:I disagree
it is a question of the quality of the choice
if the updating is done sublimely
it will be sublime
if its badly done it will be bad