[Mb-hair] LaGuardia Tribe supports Cindy Sheehan tour

Ross Tatum rgrady at rcn.com
Wed Sep 21 20:58:57 PDT 2005

On Monday night the 19th the LaGuardia tribe was blessed to have
participated in Cindy Sheehan's Bring Them Home Now Tour.
Our Claude, Speare Hodges, sang "Where Do I go?" with the tribe. Galt
accompanied them on piano along with his son on percussion. There were
more than a thousand people there. To see our kids, our hope, get up and
sing with such passion and conviction after only four hours of rehearsal
was a testimony to the power of Hair. Natalie Mosco, Debbie Andrews and
Jim Rado were also in attendance. It was an extraordinary night. The
kids heard testimonies from vets of both the Iraq and Vietnam wars. As
well as family members who had lost loved ones. The next day they gave
there own testimonies about what they experienced that night and each
one of them were deeply touched by what they heard. All of them said
that, had they not heard stories about loved ones killed in an unjust
war, soldiers returning from Iraq only to take their own lives, and one
soldier who read his own suicide note, had they not heard these
testimonies, they would not have sang the song with such conviction.
They said hearing about the war on TV and reading about it in the papers
was nothing compared to being in the same room with the people who have
first-hand experience with the grief, anger and betrayal that comes with
being a part of an unjust war. The vets drew clear parallels to the
Vietnam and Iraq wars and the kids were well aware of how it will make
their performances more immediate, more genuine in our upcoming
production. What a joy to see them commit to the issues of Hair so
quickly and sincerely. Nearly a third of them are going to the march in
Washington on Saturday. The march will be led by Cindy Sheehan. Hair has
already changed our lives and its only the first week of rehearsal!
Peace and Love,
Ross