[Mb-hair] Post-Reunion update and AZ critter report

fotoblue at flash.net fotoblue at flash.net
Tue Sep 20 20:48:41 PDT 2005

Hi Birdie! hello Tribe!

 Cant' wait to get my Reunion program!!
It must have been SO moving. I wrote Ace that I probably would have cried
seeing everybody.

Did WMH actually say something about my blow ups??
I tried to download a photo that has the authors on the roof on it,
with two people whom I don't recognize, standing next to it -  but it
didn't work.
 I have saved all the photo links and will be going through them slowly.

Yesterday I had lunch (well, with 299 other people)  with His Holiness the
Dalai Lama -
 a benefit luncheon organized by the Friends of Tibet.
(He's been in Tucson giving  a series of lectures)
 Security was the highest, so my plan to get  my copy of his book "The
Universe in a single Atom"
signed by HH for Anton who couldn't attend, because he is in Austria,
didn't work out.--
But it was interesting to be in his presence.

In the evening I went to a special advance screening of NO DIRECTION HOME,
Martin Scorcese's Bob Dylan epic.
almost 4 hours! with a break after 2. (Since the lunch was on the light
side,
I was starving by then. Chocolate with cashew nuts to the rescue!!)
 But it was worth it. Great footage and stills I had not seen before.

Dalai and Dylan in ONE DAY!!!
 amazing, isn't it?

On the smaller critter front:
Today I rescued a tiny cangaroo rat that I saw clinging to the poolsweep
hose.
and earlier, a horned lizard came by. When Rudi showed up,  I signalled
DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT, as he eyed him.

He got the message, he went around us.  Telepathy does work. If you let
it...

The lizard's helmet may have been an added detraction!  Can you see those
spikes?!
And that he's just a bit big to be gobbled up by a roadrunner...
because, come to think of it, Rudi didn't listen when I yelled at him last
week
NOT to eat the dragonflies that were dancing around my pool...

 To complete today's set of interspecies communication pictures:
an absolutely beautiful young stag came visiting!

When you get  bored with my pics, let me know.
I love to share them with you all, but don't want to become a nuisance.
;-)

Hugs to all
 L&P
 Dagmar