[Mb-hair] Hairy folks in NYC

James Pappaconstantine georgeberger69 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 20 21:15:12 PDT 2005

OK.. So I thought I had this all figured out.. but when I went to see the slides attached to this email.. they don't open very big at all.. On my computor they open to maybe a 2x3 but veiwing it through this email they are tiny..

I will try to figure something else out... maybe I will have a few printed..

By the way.. This just occured to me earlier as I was veiwing the slides for the first time..

So We (Leo, Judy and I) arrived at the Hair be-in somewhat close to starting time..  I was equipt with my camara, 5 rolls of film and a book to have people sign... (my idea was to have something simular to the huge Hair poster that was there. .. Something that everyone would sign and I could look back and see all who were there.. Anyhow.. So I get there and I start having people sign it.. Many of you signed it for me.. but after maybe a half hour.. I saw someone with a camara and I thought... what am I doing I should be capturing these moments.. So I abandoned getting signatures and started shooting the happenings. This is both good and bad.. The bad is that there were many people I did not get a chance to meet, Many I didn't talk to long enough, and though.. don't get me wrong, I had a blast.. but I started treating it like work.. (I shoot and review music for a local music rag here in Maine.) It's hard too totally enjoy an evening when you are veiwing it through the veiwfin
 der of
 your camara.. But the end result is always nice.. because while memories fade.. photos typically stay around a bit longer and help to jog memories back. Another cool thing for all of you.. (that is if I can get these photos large enough for you to actually see.) Is that because I really didn't know many of the guests personally.. Most of my shots are of the party.. crowd shots.. people hanging out having a good time.. many from the catwalk so It's kinda a birdseye veiw.. I think a friend of mine has a better slide scanner, I will see what he can do for me..  Again sorry for the small tease..  JIMMY P.

James Pappaconstantine <cabal at maine.rr.com> wrote:
Hairy folks in NYC
OK.. here is an invitation to veiw my photo album.. I took a ton of photos and got them back today, unfortunatly (for veiwing)I shot slide film.. But I was able to scan them.. kinda.. they scanned abt darker than they look in person,, and I was able to enlarge them to 200% which still isn't great.. BUt check them out if you wish.. disregaurd the other stuff in the folder.. or check it out.. no biggie. JIM
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/georgeberger69/album?.dir=/a8fa&.src=ph&.tok=phZC4pDBhlYqjlGe