[Mb-hair] Hoping this message gets through with my latest "wacky"proposal...

richard haase hotprojects at nyc.rr.com
Sat Sep 17 18:23:11 PDT 2005

artistically gibson everything youre saying is true qualitatively and
artistically
but
here are the legistical problems
the biltmore in nyc implies defacto a first class production
those rights are currently not on the table
and are in final negotiation with one specific party

the aquarius is an excellent suggestion

the public theater is not pragmatic beacuse as you may or may not know
a production done for a second at the public is currently owned by the
public lock stock and barrel

the other problem with the biltmore which we all love
is they cut down on the seats reducing a theatre that had a capacity of
760ish
to 650ish; very hard to make money with full scale full cast musical in
space that size
once upon a time GODSPELL made hundreds of millions in 200 - 500 seaters
around the world
very hard to do that now

what you need is an unconventional venue with a lot of seats

a large semi abandoned nightclub

i dont know

just offering some observations
also the round about theater company is firmly anchored in biltmore now
one of their homes