[Mb-hair] The reunion...

Sean Courtney dauber at banana-and-louie.org
Sun Sep 11 02:17:13 PDT 2005

Okay....I'm about to fall asleep, so I might have to make this short for
now, but...

Let me just say that I LOVE Hair people! Really had a great time at the
reunion. I really felt welcomed, considering that my involvement in Hair has
been only as a spectator and as part of this cyber-tribte; that, and at the
age of 30, I was probably the second-youngest person there. :)

Meeting many of you folks from the list...Sherwin, Robin, Nina, Leo,
Corinne, Bill, Cara...am I leaving anybody out???...just an absolute
thrill to meet you all!

Walter Michael Harris was a fantastic emcee. Very witty, very
entertaining...and it was cool seeing him play piano, too!

Unfortunately I didn't take many pictures -- in fact, I think the only
still picture in my camera was of Tioga Joe, Robin McNamara and
me....however, I did manage to get Michael Butler's words of wisdom captured
as well as "Aquarius" from the sing-along portion -- truly something to
behold! I'll be happy to send MPGs to whoever needs to have them. (Nina?  :)
)

Memorable experience of the night -- during the sing-alongs hearing a chorus
of 100+ people singing in harmony and doing a bit of the old
choreography...well, I'm GUESSING it's the old choreography, at least!

Weird experience of the night -- my wife walks out to use the bathroom, and
while I'm waiting for her to come back Jim Rado walks over to me with a
piece of cake and says, "I don't care what you or anybody else has to
say...I'm GOING to EAT THIS CAKE." Uhhhh....okay!

Unexpected experience of the night -- Ben Vereen and Fred Armisen in the
same room!

Worst experience of the night -- having to repeat the address several times
to the cab driver and telling him the nearest cross street because he didn't
know where the heck he was going.

Discovery of the night -- I've been dousing myself with the music of Hair
since I was a 16-year-old high school student in 1990, and for some reason
it was only last night, hearing some of the music over LaMama's sound
system, that I discovered that McDermot's music is a bass player's dream.
Really, really cool bass lines in those songs.

More later...sleep now...

dauber at banana-and-louie.org
 * ICQ: 28677921 * YIM: dau_ber * AIM: ddaauubbeerr