[Mb-hair] Report on HAIR in Asheville

Sherwin Ross sherwin at aceross.com
Fri Sep 9 11:50:27 PDT 2005

Wow... Michael! Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: mb-hair-bounces at islandlists.com
[mailto:mb-hair-bounces at islandlists.com] On Behalf Of Michael Butler
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2005 9:08 AM
To: HAIR List
Subject: [Mb-hair] Report on HAIR in Asheville

As we all know from this list, Katie really had our minds and hearts with he
producing problems. So much so that I agreed to go down at a terrible time
of scheduling with the LaGuardia auditions and the BE-IN. I almost cancelled
but carried on knowing that Nina & WMH would cover for me.
I was to do a Civil Rights Seminar at the University and the next night see
the Dress of the Phoenix Tribe.
First, such niceness from Katie's parents. All the others really made one
feel at home. The seminar was fascinating shared with the Harvard Chair and
the local Drama Head.
With all the prior problems I had great concern as to what I would see.
Well, was I pleasantly surprised. A really good show, a HAIR with feeling.
Had many unusual staging, some super choreography all done by a bunch of
kids on a very limited budget. Katie was producer, director, and Sheila. I
don't know how she did it.
Yes, there some glitches very little that more time and money could not have
corrected. My only regret is all that for only two nights. I do hope they
can take it further.
Thanks for a lovely evening of Freedom, Peace and Love,
Michael