[Mb-hair] RE: Geoffery Rush's estimation of Hair

Paul Korda paul at paulkorda.com
Thu Sep 1 02:24:16 PDT 2005

Dear All,
Having had to deal with elements of racism and defamation in my travels
since my birthday, I decided to have my birthday tonight and go out to
my local bar and see some friends. Having worked the first 14 days at
the beginning of the shoot of Pirates of the Caribbean:Curse of the
Black Pearl, as Governor Swann's dignatory, I spent some time with
fellow Brit Orlando Bloom, who showed me some of the sword tricks he had
to learn for the movie. So it was a nice surprise to see him, and
Geoffery Rush, passionately discussing the new movie, which I again
worked on, outside of the bar. Orlando immediately remembered me and was
very warm in his greeting. A little later Geoffery Rush came outside to
chat, and he began telling me of some his favourite productions such as
Billy Wilders obscure movie with James Cagney entitled "123" that has
been recently found and re-mastered. At some point later in the
conversation I mentioned that when I left school I joined the original
London cast of Hair. Being a very expressive person, Rush looked in
absolute reverence, at the mention of "Hair", more reverence than about
anything he had previously discussed. In fact he went silent, looked
deeply into my eyes and had completely forgotten that Orlando, Jessica
Simpson and party had all been waiting for him in the car. So I thought
I would let you all know how much Hair means to a true artist, who
believes in being out and about with humanity is important to his
well-being, and that the current attitude toward celebrity is over blown
and restrictive. Our Hair. So show 'em all in New York that our Hair is
what we got!

Paul
http://PaulKorda.com