[Mb-hair] anyway dont wish to fight with anyone

richard haase hotprojects at nyc.rr.com
Mon Oct 31 05:51:08 PST 2005

just wanted to have literary discussion
which i see is not possible

good morning to all
and peace

( one would think a bunch of people in the business might be interested in seeing what a working auteur who whatever you think of me is on the front lines of creating new musicals etc with major people, has to say; that purely from a scientific/data pt of view; one would think my reflections would be of some use ? ( even if you vehemently disagree with them )

i think the  rent /hair discussion is a fascinating topic with much good/ and useful information that can come out of it.
Again need for what peacemaker; nobody was fighting
?

The notion of literary/production analysis is very important
For example; a current problem in the production of HAIR
is that phenomenalogically ( not qualitatively ) first class productions of the show are not working commercially currently
( although second class productions are ) ( the terms first and second class denoting structural levels of production not quality )
this is a reverse on the first class level of what was true 1968 - 1976 where there were numerous world major productions of HAIR that were successful
even if the factors are socio political which in the largest part i believe they are
( eg the commercially failed 1977 revival was in my opinion a qualitatively beautiful show that should have succeeded )
these questions need to be delved into
and vigorously thought out
it is not an act of hostility to do so

good morning to all
im going back to transliterating pagliacci