[Mb-hair] honoured to receive your opinion

Katie Kasben katiekasben at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 22 10:00:05 PDT 2005

Atilla probably told his Huns that if they didn't come to my house and stop
me, that their (and their families) own heads would be in jeopardy.

it's the hardest question, because everyone is partly right.

It's too late to mediate between Cain and Abel, and since the "war to end
all wars" didn't end anything (we are 12 years away from a 100 year
anniversary of WWI -1917).  When the boys came out of their trenches at
Christmas time, to share time, food and songs with the "enemies"- each of
which thought they were preventing heads on kitchen floors- how sad it must
have been to have to go back and pick up their guns.

I was subbing for a high school English class yesterday, and the apathetic
Sophomores could have cared less that we were reading CATCH 22.  Sigh.  they
did not have the capacity for empathy, to see how history could possibly
relate to them.

i should print a sticker that says, "empathy is unpatriotic"...
someone somewhere in the Middle East is probably writing to a young idealist
saying, "it's too late for peace right now...they are at our door"

ALOHA NUI LOA!