[Mb-hair] Can Big Brother, Be a Brother?

Jim Burns jameshburns at webtv.net
Sat Oct 15 02:11:35 PDT 2005

At first look, this story might raise some hackles...  On the other
hand, the record it provides, and its presence, might help further
prevent, and discourage, incidents of false arrest, and harrasment....
But keep those hackles ready...  (One could always digitally alter
images....)
_____

"New Surveillance Products For Police Introduced10/13/2005"

Leawood, KS - Digital Ally Inc., which designs, develops, manufactures,
sales and markets advanced technology products for law enforcement,
homeland security and commercial security applications, introduced two
new advanced digital video surveillance products.

The Company plans introduced its Compact Digital In-Car Video System
integrated into a Rearview Mirror and its Digital Video System
integrated into a Law Enforcement-Style Flashlight at the IACP
conference. Initial shipments of these new products to customers are
scheduled for the first quarter of 2006. Both of these advanced
surveillance products incorporate Digital Ally's proprietary digital
video technology and are designed to provide law enforcement
professionals with a seamless video and audio record of activities
inside and
outside of police vehicles.

"Law enforcement professionals are using more technology than ever
before, and this technology takes up space in the patrol car," noted
Stanton E. Ross, Chief Executive Officer of Digital Ally Inc. "With
laptop computers, radios, radar units, shotgun racks, and in-car video
systems, there is very little room left in a police car. By integrating
our state-of-the-art digital video technology into a replacement
rear-view mirror, our Compact Digital In-Car Video System retains the
original utility of the mirror, while gaining the benefits of an in-car
video system, thus freeing up critically important space elsewhere in
the vehicle."

The Digital Rearview Mirror is complete with 3.5" color monitor, GPS
tracking, 900 MHz audio transceiver, internal microphone and speaker.
The unique design allows it to be easily installed in any make or model
of vehicle by simply replacing the factory rearview mirror. Nothing is
mounted in the trunk, headliner, console or dash.

"Our portable Digital Video Flashlight (DVF) is a high-quality,
water-resistant law enforcement-style flashlight with an integrated
video and audio recording system that provides a digital record of
police and security activities," continued Ross. "The DVF can be
integrated with the evidence provided by our in-car video system, thus
providing a seamless record of law enforcement actions that require
officers to deal with criminal activities, whether they occur inside of,
near to, or far away from the police car. The DVF provides a record of
criminal evidence at its point of discovery, whether hidden under a car
seat, in the trunk of a vehicle, inside a house, or elsewhere. It
eliminates the need for law enforcement professionals to carry or wear
video cameras or other recording equipment in order to gather evidence
that can be used in court."

"We believe these advanced recording products, which are designed to be
very user-friendly for law enforcement professionals, represent a real
leap forward in the industry because of our proprietary digital video
technology. This technology eliminates the need for bulky VCR equipment
or separate hard drives and allows hours of law enforcement activities
to be recorded on a single, small compact flash card. Utilizing rugged
and durable solid state memory provides the most reliable medium for
evidence, because it requires no volatile moving parts like hard drives
and other mediums. We have also identified significant market
opportunities involving homeland security and commercial security and
will pursue these initiatives in the future," concluded Ross.

www.digitalbroadcasting.com

Copyright © 2005, VertMarkets, Inc. All rights reserved.