[Mb-hair] Hair We Are Again

Beverly Bremers bev at beverlybremers.com
Mon Nov 14 11:54:56 PST 2005

Tribe - It's all very nice that you want to perform HAIR again and I would too, but you've got to realize that without the permission of the authors, your hands are tied. The only way the songs could be performd live would be in a revue or club act, but if you have any book at all, you've infringed on the author's copyrights and if you change the lyrics, the parody law kicks in and you have to get permission. Put yourself in Jim and Galt's shoes. Would you want someone tampering with your material without your input and control? As much as we all think HAIR belongs to all of us, it doesn't. Only it's spirit is ours.

Sorry, guys, but Michael knows what he's talking about. I'm afraid you have to move on. Write a new HAIR (HAIRLESS?)

Beverly