[Mb-hair] new member/Bridgeport show

Jonathon Johnson goodhairdays at yahoo.com
Tue May 24 13:56:26 PDT 2005

Glad you are a part of the Hair tribe Meredith. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful thoughts.

Peace, Love and Blessings ~ Jonathon

"Amerifilm Casting, Inc." <info at amerifilmcasting.com> wrote:
This is an open letter to the tribe, with a few personalized notes at the end.  I am a new member, and just had a chance to look at Sherwin's photo page from the other night.  I am so choked up, I can't even explain how I feel from this experience, but I 'm sure you've all probably heard it before from other "fans".  As grown up as I want to appear, I've got to gush as my inner child, the child who first saw HAIR at 12 years old at The Wilbur Theatre in Boston in 1970.  Hi everyone, I'm Meredith, the beaming smiling blonde girl in the hot pink shirt in the Bridgeport reunion photos.  To see myself included in these pictures, to feel welcome and made part of a beautiful family, to see my name in others' emails - these things I never expected in my life!  To attend my first big HAIR event (besides the smaller La Mama gatherings recently) and to be made to feel already part of the gang - I'm speechless, just blown away.  It's such a thrill and I'm so honored.  I also just read a
 ll the
 emails from May, (I'll have to get through all the past months emails when I have another free week) and am so touched at how nice and open everyone on the list is.  Thank you all, the ones I've met and the ones I've yet to meet, for this heartfelt welcome.
Since seeing HAIR 35 years ago when my dad took me and a couple of my girl friends to the show (he's claiming now that he didn't know there was going to be a nude scene, yeah-right Dad) I've been a semi-collector, always loving the score but not finding much memorabilia at the flea markets. I've seen a handful of other productions of the show along the way (including Sherwin's VHS of his 1987 show which I insisted he loan me back in '91.)  Then along came eBay, and I've been happily wallowing in foreign vinyl and playbills for a few years. BUT, besides occasional online auction binges and work related stuff, I don't spend a lot of time on the computer, which I refer to as the "fancy typewriter" in my office.  I forget to look up websites about things I love, and therefore did not even KNOW about this awesome HAIR website until recently when my friend Jeff Lunger introduced me to it.  My husband Eric (also in the pictures with me) works with Jeff and when he found out about Je
 ff 's
 likewise love of HAIR he promptly hooked us up and Jeff, I THANK YOU for bringing me up to speed, tuned in and turned on!
A funny side note - since the 1979 movie version came out, no matter what color or cut my hair has been, every so often to this day someone comes up to me and asks me if I'm "that girl in HAIR".  I know they're talking about Annie Golden.  I had the pleasure of working with Annie when I was the assistant coordinator of her movie CRAZY STREETS, and when I would go to where she was rehearsing a play in the Village to drop her off script pages or something her fellow cast members would ask her if I was her sister.  At the wrap party she autographed a headshot to me inscribed  "To my lovely look alike". I've continued to hear her sing at clubs over the years, she's got such a beautiful voice.
To Nina, thank you for welcoming me into the club, and I'll send you shortly the pix I took at the pub and the La Mama events.  And  thank you for amassing and and maintaining this amazing web site and archive - Jeff and I are coming over!
To Robin MacNamara - I still have my 45 I bought when it came out of Lay a Little Lovin' On Me - I've always loved that song.  I see by some of your emails that you're from Boston (me too) and that you recently played in Cambridge - do you play in NYC too?
To Walter Harris - seeing you and your family at La Mama was an enriching and inspirational experience.  I know Jayne Ann from when our kids went to school together in Tribeca, I'm sorry I didn't formally meet you but it was great to catch up with her.
To Jonathon Johnson - you recently sent me your book, which I just finished, thank you for that inside look. What a treat.
To Sherwin - it was fun to reconnect with you, thanks for posting your pictures, and to Michael Butler and everyone else - The pleasure is all mine!  See you in September!

Good HAIR Days: A Personal Journey with the American Tribal Love-Rock Musical HAIR, by Jonathon Johnson. For more information on the book and how to order it, visit www.goodhairdays.net. Visit our other websites at www.uversa.net and www.kidstherapyassociates.com.

http://mail.yahoo.com