[Mb-hair] Murphy's Law Bridgeport CT / NJ Vietnam Vets Memorial

Sean Courtney dauber at banana-and-louie.org
Mon May 23 12:38:27 PDT 2005

Quoting Sherwin Ross <sherwin at aceross.com>:

> http://www.aceross.com/BridgeportMAy212005.htm

Cool to see those pictures! Any data to go with 'em, by any chance? I recognize
you, Michael B. and Tioga Joe, but who else is there??

And of course I had to smack myself in the head...my wife and I checked out the
NJ Vietnam Veterans Memorial - good God, what a site...very moving and
extremely educational; seriously, I could spend days on end there just reading
and learning...if you're within, oh, about twenty thousand miles of Holmdel,
NJ, it's a must-visit site...

Cool arrangement, too...366 panels with the names of NJ folks who died in
Vietnam, one for each day of the year. Nine panels have no names on them; and
one of those blank panels made me wish I had been born a day earlier, as nobody
(from NJ) died on October 2. And they have an exhibit of letters home from those
who were in the midst of fighting. Some of them didn't make it back...very
sad...it's like manic depression -- you'll see a letter from someone who may
have been killed a week after writing the letter, but right next to it you
might see a letter from someone who did make it home safely...

And of course when Lisa asked "Hey, is Tioga Joe working today?" they said
naaah, he was in last weekend. I totally forgot he was in Bridgeport!