[Mb-hair] Re: Bridgeport get together

William Swiggard swiggard at comcast.net
Sun May 22 18:01:22 PDT 2005

Must add my voice to what Nina, Leo, Michael, Barbara, Ace and Jeff have
written today:  the truly astounding  thing about last night  was how
well all of us on the HAIR lists have gotten to know each other's
thoughts, strengths, special interests, personalities and talents from
the many letters we have written each other - BEFORE WE EVER MET in a
tangible way.

I have never been so instantly close and able to launch into a
high-speed conversation with people I have met for the first time.  But
that's HAIR, and the HAIR family.....I feel soooooooo lucky and thankful
that I wound up at a table with Tioga Joe, Leo and Michael! The talk was
just brilliant.  Everything from about a dozen symbols woven into Hair,
to the may ways we have done the show, and seen it done, and thought
about the back story for Claude,  to the many connections the show has
to the real Vietnam War.  Not to mention HAIR's contributions to the
history of theater and music.  WOW!!!!

I guess what I am saying is that the show was terrific, BUT - while the
Bridgeport tribe had the best production values and choreography and
super Tribal spirit and Great choral singing of any post-professional
show I have ever seen, and while it was TRULY fabulous to have all of us
in a cluster watching Our Favorite Show like we were a big clan
attending sevices at the Temple of Rock...beyond all that... what really
ROCKED was the company and the hugging and the discovery of each other
and above all the many great conversations that erupted like geysers all
over the place.

Leo said it best: "I'm just glad we FINALLY had a reunion for the EAST
coast!". Hear, hear!

After the big group photos (which I cannot wait to see), Michael Arian
made the evening's stunning final announcement - the official HAIR
reunion at LaMama on Sept. 10, 2005.

I cannot wait for that - and I just know it will be another thrilling
and for another evening like last night!!!

Love to all - including all of you who sent good wishes and came in spirit -
Bill