[Mb-hair] Nina's Bridgeport HAIR

Walter Michael Harris wmichaelharris at earthlink.net
Sun May 22 12:25:06 PDT 2005

Very cool Nina.  Thanks for your wonderful glowing account of what
sounds like an incredible evening.  I will be great to hear about it
from some of the others who were there, and to see the photos.

Sorry I could not be there but I had already used up my vacation days,
and saw the Bridgeport show several weeks before y'all.  I was able to
have a mini-reunion with Julie Arenal during my stay.  We met at Veselka
Restaurant on 9th Street and 2nd Ave, my old block, next to the Ukranian
National Home where the B'ay company rehearsed.  It was the first time
we had seen each other since 1968.  You can imagine we had a lot of
catching up to do.

The April 23 Michael Butler/HAIR event at La MaMa left a very strong
afterglow that The Harris Family was able to step into the following
weekend.  It was a hard act to follow, but we managed!  Please keep me
posted on a HAIR reunioin at La MaMa.  September 3 or 17 work better for
me than the 10th, but I might be able to manage on the 10th.  Whoever is
planning the reunion should negotiate to use either La MaMa's First
Floor Theater or Annex spaces, as The Club will not be big enough to
contain it (I'm guessing).

Peace, and thanks again -

WMH