[Mb-hair] Fw: Article re The Draft

Sibley Smith sjsmith at njvvmf.org
Tue May 17 13:04:11 PDT 2005

To the members of the [Michael Butler] HAIR List:

I'm forwarding to you below an important observation about the reemergence
of The Draft, written by a former draftee, a member of the Vietnam Veterans
Against the War and of Veterans For Peace, and author of "...and a hard rain
fell: A GI's True Story of the War in Vietnam" (check www.sourcebooks.com),
John Ketwig.  -- FYI, a "Gold Star mother" is one who lost a son or daughter
in war while they were serving in the American Armed Forces (there were more
than 58,000 Gold Star Mothers left by the Vietnam War).  HAIR would not have
been, without the controversy over the Draft in the Vietnam Era.  So, who
says HAIR is not relevant today?

S.J. Smith