[Mb-hair] Re: Mb-hair Digest, Vol 9, Issue 42

venuetheatre at juno.com venuetheatre at juno.com
Thu Mar 31 17:48:14 PST 2005

RE:  Visceral connections and Milos Forman - Michael David Arian

I am also compelled to write.

Despite all of Forman's insight and lovely film, albiet an ending which
shocked us all,  he was not able to create the love in his cast that we
had in any one of ours!

I created the first HAiR Reunion on the event of the Film opening in
Hollywood.  There were over 450 former cast members, crew, etc from
around the world, and this was pulled together in less than two weeks,
with a handful of us working on the nuts and bolts and everyone calling
at least 10 people, who in turn called ten people, and on and on. . . .
Thanks Michael (again) for footing the bill on that one.  It was great,
and if I recall the total bill was something like $1,000.  Try to throw a
party like that today (or even then for that matter)...  Amazing what the
power of love can do.

At the party, I recall the young woman who played "Jeanie" walking up to
"Sheila" and saying "If one more person walks up to me and says 'I was
Jeanie in such and such show,'  I think I will scream!"

Now, that really shocked me more than the ending of the film.  I could
not for the life of me understand where she was coming from, and HOW she
could have done the film and not felt that PURE LOVE we all had for one
another.

I guess the movie really was not the show after all.  It broke my heart.

Still, it was a great party.  Those who were there remember.  It was the
beginning of all the reunions, the first one.

Corinne

PS  Again why does everyone repeat everyone elses' posts?  Makes it hard
to follow the thread, and get to the new stuff.  Wish you would quit it.

Visit our web site at www.VenueActorStudio.org
Venue Theatre is a not for profit 501(c)(3) Corporation.  Our office is
located at  5124 Ninth Avenue N, St Petersburg, FL 33710
The Studio is at 9125 US 19 N, Pinellas Park (at Mainlands Blvd.)
727-822-6194  cell  727-656-852