[Mb-hair] Not Woof on the Off-Broadway album

Martin Eayrs martin at eayrs.com
Thu Mar 24 09:17:23 PST 2005

That's really clear - thanks, Nina. I'm really impressed by your care
and devotion to the cause. Guess that album was recorded in a studio,
not from a show ?  Anyway, of all the lines on that album that's the
one that most stuck in my head.

Funny thing - I had only ever heard the off Broadway album until a
few years ago (bought it when I was living in Finland in the very
early 70s) so for me it was the only Hair i knew :-). Then I caught
the movie (when I was working in Italy) - later saw the show in
Buenos Aires (I lived in Argentina for a while) - and eventually
started to hear other versions. (One of my favourite versions of
Flesh Failures - if you know it - was by an English singer called
Julie Driscoll.

Funnily enough, two of the members of my theatre group at university
were in the first London 'Hair' - one was Tim Curry, better known
later through the Rocky Horror Show, and the other Judy Loe
(probablky better known today as the mother of Kate Beckinsale). Me,
I was an assistant stage manager, even went solo a few times which I
loved, but decided to make a career elsewhere - having travelled all
over the place for half my life now I teach at a university in
Manchester, England, England. Two kids, one working in NY (whom I
visit once in a while) and a son in Buenos Aires (ditto).

Better stop - it's a bit too much information. Excuse my indulgence -
I like being on this list and wanted to share something.

Martin (in Lancaster, UK).