[Mb-hair] Query about PBS show "Broadway: the American Musical"

Martin Eayrs martin at eayrs.com
Wed Mar 23 01:01:48 PST 2005

Thanks, Charles (and other who welcomed me)- good to be on the list.
I'm in Digest Mode so my replies will always have a delay.

I did VCR the PBS show but it doesn't help me identify the
shows/casts :-). And I still can't read the credits text at the end -
combination of an old VCR and failing eyesight.

But as Michael says there is a DVD version out (not i think in the UK
yet as the PBS show is still being shown on national TV) so someone
with better eyesight than mine might be able to work it out. Or, more
likely, Nina will do her research bit ... (if you have the time and
energy, Nina)

One other Hair related question ... as i never saw the Off-Broadway
version (maybe Nina has a recording in the Archives?) ... does anyone
here know which character has the line "Look at the moon" repeated a
few times towards the end. And which member of the Tribe is
saying/singing/entoning/enthusing the words on the recording ? I
guess it was dropped for the Broadway version ?

And finally, just out of curiosity, are there any members of the Off
Broadway show on this list ?

Thanks if anyone knows and has the energy to respond.

Martin