[Mb-hair] Query about PBS show "Broadway: the American Musical"

Jonathon Johnson goodhairdays at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 22 15:25:59 PST 2005

Welcome to the list Martin.

Peace and Blessings ~ Jonathon

Martin Eayrs <martin at eayrs.com> wrote:

Hi everyone - my name is Martin and I am new to the list. And
although I was just 18 in 1967 I have never actually been part of any
Hair production. Hope I'll be forgiven.

Anyway, I have a query. Last night the BBC (I live in the UK) showed
part 5 of Broadway: the American Musical (see
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/broadway/about/episodes3.html) in which they
showed some clips of a stage version of Hair. I was wondering which
version it was, and who the actors were. The credits were too small
for me to read.

Any ideas ? Has anyone seen this PBS version ?

Meanwhile, best wishes to you all from Northern England

Martin

Good HAIR Days: A Personal Journey with the American Tribal Love-Rock Musical HAIR, by Jonathon Johnson. For more information on the book and how to order it, visit www.goodhairdays.net. Visit our other websites at www.uversa.net and www.kidstherapyassociates.com.