[Mb-hair] NEW Hair Concert, THIS Monday, Manhattan

Jim Burns jameshburns at webtv.net
Sun Mar 20 15:09:53 PST 2005

I had some different takes on the Benefit at Cro-bar last week--

But more on that later!

(Actually, the absolutely amazing lesson to be reminded of, again, is
that you can do almost anything with the music of HAIR, a sundried
different approaches and arrangements, and the underlying strength OF
that music will almost always shine...  With all the words written on
the power and living legacy of HAIR, over nearly four decades--I
sometimes believe that the extraordinariness (!) of the music itself,
gets, oddly, overlooked....)

Anyway, as I'm sure many of you know, a semi-all star cast of Broadway
talent was gathered a while back by the estimable Seth Rudetsky for an
Actors Fund Benefit. The CD is to be released, soon.

They've just announced another benefit, an instant concert, for Monday
at 7:00; info below.

Best, Jim Burns

Actors' Fund HAIR cast performs Monday night!
Posted by: SethRudetsky 03:16 pm EST 03/20/05

I'm putting together another PURIM cabaret...I've gotten some of my
amazing tribe and soloist from the Septemeber Actor's Fund HAIR concert
to come by and sass it! It's raising $ for the gay/lesbian synagogue

Lea DeLaria, Ana Gasteyer, Orfeh, Eden Espinosa, Julie Garnye, Paul
Castree, Chris Zelno, Geoffrey Hemingway, Kate Chapman,Titus Burgess
(from GOOD VIBRATIONS singing WHITE BOYS!), Nell Snaidas, Nina Hennesey,
Lucia Giambetti, Anisha (from BOMBAY DREAMS...can't spell her last
name!)Jason Little, Chris Jansen,Darius Nicols,Brian Golub, and prob
people I've forgotten will all be there...the CD comes out REALLY soon!

Monday at 7PM JCC on 76th and Amsterdam...tix $20...here is the link for
tix

http://www.jccmanhattan.org/category.asp?p=10234#10234