[Mb-hair] Useful stuff maybe ...

Sibley Smith sjsmith at njvvmf.org
Thu Jun 30 14:32:11 PDT 2005

Well, egg on my face for flaming YOU, Dear Michael!  : )  But, you gotta admit, the average Joe (not just one's from Tioga) would have a difficult time in figuring out even the "political" import of the message about using "Bounce" brand dryer sheets for everyday things other than drying laundry.  But, then again, a good American Studies student (apparently I have an M.A. degree in Am. Studies) should be able to connive an "A" paper on just such a topic -- "The Contribution of 'Bounce' to the Advancement of American Society and Culture."  As a matter of fact, I think I should have rubbed Bounce all over my body before I went to the airport.  Maybe I would have gotten through the security checkpoint faster.

Anyway, can we just say that this little Indian got off on the wrong side of his horse about all this?  My horse turned his head back and nipped me, and I fell back on a cactus, and, well, let's just say I had a bad-HAIR day, and that's why I got so unnecessarily ornery about the whole static-cling-free business, okay?

PEACE,

tioga joe

=====================

Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 16:54:30 -0700
From: Michael Butler <michael at michaelbutler.com>

Sorry to be so long in responding. I am responsible for sending Gerald's
stuff.
There has been so little Hair centric activity since the days of Pentacle
and WMH I wonder if it is worth the cost?
Most political stuff now goes to Civic. It was started in response to Shaw's
flame out. Occasionally I do post something about our political scene.
I am sorry but I got into Hair because of politics in  a time when it was
child's play compared to today.
So let us hope we again see some theatrical use of this list.
Michael