[Mb-hair] HAIR at Lake Region Summer Theater

Leo peacefreak at metrocast.net
Wed Jun 29 16:56:49 PDT 2005

Here's a news bulletin and something for you Nina to add to the "current
productions" link at the archives.

HAIR is being performed at Lake Region Summer Theater by Lake Winnipesaukee
in Meredith, NH  June 28 - July 10. Meredith is about an hour from where I
live in Maine. Needless to say, a bunch of us HAIR freaks are organizing to
get a tribe together to go down to see this production. The link for all
info is: http://www.lakesregionsummertheatre.com/schedule.html

The HAIR gathering/powwow we're holding next weekend is shaping up nicely.
We'll kick it all off Friday, July 8th with a blessing of the field followed
by a drum circle and a passing of the conch. The passing of the conch works
like this. We assemble in a big HAIRy circle and I'll pass the conch (or
whatever represents the conch) to the freak on my left. The person holding
the conch is the only one allowed to speak; everyone else must listen (got
the idea from LORD OF THE FLIES). When that person has finished speaking the
conch is again passed to the left and so it goes around the circle ending up
in my hands once again cuz I'm considered "the elder". We talk about how
HAIR has impacted our lives and the camaraderie it has cultivated among us.
However, if someone has something they wanna vent about we absolutely let
them do so. It makes for a great aura to kick off the weekend. I'm sure
you'll feel our vibe that night.

PEACE,
Leo