[Mb-hair] On topicv/Off Topic

Leo peacefreak at metrocast.net
Mon Jun 27 19:47:04 PDT 2005

>From the school of redundancy department - but it is also my belief. HAIR is
absolutley relevant on so many levels that's it's tough to say what is and
what isn't "on topic". I betcha I could make a case for just about any
topic. I certainly don't mind the political messages. Some I read; others I
don't; it's amazing how I can do that! I also dig the cozy living room scene
as it has been a blast for me to meet other HAIR freaks in a comfortable
setting. And I also like the sharing of news, pictures, etc. The list is
most righteous though when we get down to the actual discussions of HAIR.
That's what brought me to the old Jabberwocky list and morphed me onto this
list.
Ok, here's my dislikes. Spam or any form of it (eg. send this to 10 people
and..........). And I too agree with Michael A and Corrine about the copy &
paste gig. I'm on digest so it gets really freaky when one message entails
half of the email cuz I have to reread 10 posts that were attached to that
particular digest. This happens when you just hit "reply". This is probably
my biggest pet peeve. I hit "reply" but then delete all the stuff that isn't
pertinent to what I'm responding to.
So it looks like I'm with the HAIR/living room faction. Just don't serve me
spam sandwiches in the living room.

PEACE,
Leo

 From: "Little Birdie" <lbirdie at hotmail.com>
 Hi all -

 As is always the case with anything Hair we came back to the fact that we
needed to know what the Tribe wanted this space to be, so I am asking you
all to let me know, either here or at dayton3 at rcn.com what they think the
rules, if any, regarding what should be considered on topic here should be.
It seemed to us that there are two factions - one which would like the list
to be purely for discussion of  Hair, and perhaps some related subjects such
as theatre or the politics of Hair. The other sees this more as a communal
living room where The Tribe hangs out, and anything someone felt like
discussing would be OK. Let me be really clear here - neither of these
positions are wrong, just different, and we would like to know where people
stand on these positions, and what they would like this list to be.