[Mb-hair] imports

Katie Kasben katiekasben at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 23 21:37:26 PDT 2005

Thanks Bev,
I'd love to~ and from what I understand, there is a way Equity will waive
contract issues when the show is a benefit (which ours is).

but most of my friends who are in the union who have agents who don't like
for them to leave NYC.

I had a good talk with some of my tribe tonight and I've told them to go
into parts of our city they haven't visited before, and start meeting people
of color, and inviting them to join our project~
(kind of like what Leo was talking about). So far, most of the people i have
talked to have given me a blank stare, in fact I can see them shut down.
So, what I've found is that you have to go very slowly and talk about the
project in general before asking for their help.
we have a problem here though too, of black performers just not showing up.
if there is a church function, they just won't come~ don't call or anything.

Not being negative, but I know what we're up against.  I mean, it almost
sounds like i don't believe anyone is out there who will do it~ hm. maybe
I'm projecting all the negative and need to get back to my naive, optimistic
roots.  Done!
I'll let you know how it turns out!

Peace!!
Katie