[Mb-hair] Community action

Little Birdie lbirdie at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 23 12:27:36 PDT 2005

Katie wrote:
>but yes, race, and the war are extremely sensitive issues here.  So I will
>go slowly and just stay to the truth.

In some ways you are perhaps closer to the experience of the original
companies, than some other current productions.

I often think about the similarities of these times with the original ones
Hair came out of, and about how powerful an experience it would be to do
Hair today. It's message are so timely, so relevant to the climate we live
in today. I am sorry the road is difficult, but the journey will be worth it
- to you and your Tribe, of course, but also to those who see your
production and are changed by it.

Nina

The Hair Archives
http://www.michaelbutler.com/hair/holding/Hair.html