[Mb-hair] Hair is everywhere...

James Pappaconstantine georgeberger69 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 31 22:23:15 PDT 2005

So tonight.. I took my kids.. Daughter 18 (as of yesterday) and son 15 to see Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. And some of the first words out of Depp's mouth were. "Goodmorning Starshine, The Earth says Hello." It made me smile, Hair is still everywhere.

The movie.. though I am very partial to the Gene Wilder, warmer portrail of Wonka, Depp's Wonka wasn't terrible and there was much about the movie that I did like. Little things that kids are not going to catch.. like when teleporting the candy bar across the room, you hear the music from, "2010 a space oddisty" and one of the ompa lompa's is actually watching it on the TV. The Candy bar then appears on the TV in place of the large icon that the apes go crazy over. there were parts reminding me of Monty Python where a building was ripped out of it's footing and places elsewhere. And I loved the dark side of Burton's humor where the robotic dolls singing the Welcome to Wonka.. catch fire and melt. later we see the burn unit for them. Again.. given the choice to pick one of the two movies to go into a vault.. Gene's got my vote but all and all , not a bad piece of work.

JIM

http://mail.yahoo.com