[Mb-hair] Fw: You gotta laugh at fools-at Fayetteville, NC

Sibley Smith sjsmith at njvvmf.org
Wed Jul 6 13:48:18 PDT 2005

Sorry.  Doesn't look like the photo came through.  Gotta check my settings.  I think my system's not leting me send out such pics.  If I can't figure out how to rectify this, I guess you'll just have to take my word for it.  In the meantime, if you're interested in the story of war veterans protesting war, check out this article L.A. HAIR Head Mary Romanek sent me.  VFP President, Dave Cline (the subject of the phantom photo), is interviewed regarding a declaration to impeach, well, who else?

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/070405B.shtml
 <<t r u t h o u t - Veterans Group Issues Declaration of
Impeachment.url>>

Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 10:07:58 -0400
From: "Sibley Smith" <sjsmith at njvvmf.org>

[ ... ] FYI, in the attached photo you can see Veterans For Peace (VFP) National President, Dave Cline (Jersey City, New Jersey).  He's wearing the fatigue shirt with, pinned to its left breast, a Combat Infantry Badge (CIB), and ribbons for the following medals (visible in the photo): Bronze Star (with what looks to be the "V" device for valor), Purple Heart (so he was Wounded in Action), National Defense, and Vietnam Service [and, no doubt hidden behind the bullhorn-holding hand in front of Dave, the Vietnam Campaign, issued to U.S. troops by the government of South Vietnam].  And on his cap you see the insignia of the Vietnam Veterans Against the War (VVAW), the insignia of MACV (pronounced "mack-vee" and meaning "Military Assistance Command--Vietnam"), but with the upturned sword in the middle replaced by a downward pointing rifle topped with a helmet, the symbol of the fallen soldier.  And you see him laughing at the Bush supporter behind the bullhorn.  A good !
 pic of Dave.  One cool cat.  I'm honored to be in his association.  But you can see how gaunt he's getting.  Agent Orange is trying its best to take him down, but he's still going strong, and I hope for a long time to come.

Sib
--
Sibley J. Smith, Jr., Director of Education
Vietnam Era Educational Center at the