[Mb-hair] Update: LaGuardia H.S.

Ross Tatum rgrady at rcn.com
Fri Jul 1 14:24:29 PDT 2005

Hi everybody,
Just wanted to give you an update and wish everyone a groovy 4th. We had
an exciting production meeting just before summer break. I could hardly
contain myself! Our set designer came up with some great ideas regarding
scaffold units, towers and a catwalk above the pit. (Natalie has
expressed the importance of The Magician-Tarot Card image on scaffold).
The pit will remain covered so we have a bit more extension into the
house. Our band will probably be on stage, preferably center, similar to
the Public's production. We're shooting for making the interior of the
concert hall environmental (like the Fillmore or Avalon Ballroom).
Student ushers will be part of the tribe dressed in 60's attire and
interacting with audience members. Nat and I will be getting together
over the summer to go over Tams-Whitmark script; prep for auditions and
rehearsals. I'll also be going up to Mass. to see Barrington production
of Hair and spend time with Nina going over archives. Right now, all
these creative ideas are diamonds in the ruff. But, oh man! am I shining
with excitement! Many thanks for your support. Crazy for the Blue, White
and Red!
Peace and Love,
Ross