[Mb-hair] Casting the Carolina Hair

Jim Burns jameshburns at webtv.net
Fri Jul 1 12:10:45 PDT 2005

Not to state the obvious--

And if this has already been covered, forgive me--

But have you simply put a casting notice in ALL the local papers?

If your local paper doesn't normally run theatre notices, all you should
have to do is call the editor, ask who covers arts, and ask them to run
the casting item.

THERE IS NOT A COMMUNITY IN THIS COUNTRY THAT DOES NOT HAVE SEVERAL
YOUNG PEOPLE JUST ACHING TO BE IN A SHOW.

If it comes to it, and I simply cannot believe that word HAS gotten out,
you can use an African American who may not be strong on singing, but
who IS an actor.

AGAIN:

Every community has teenagers and twenty-somethings longing to be
involved.

And by getting the word out, and casting them, you'll also be performing
a mitzvah (an old Native American word, of course...).

Jim