[Mb-hair] Ossie Davis snub at Academy Awards

John Zuehlke jpzuehlke at prodigy.net
Mon Feb 28 00:10:32 PST 2005

Dear Cybertribe,

Did any of you watch the Academy Awards ceremony Sunday night?

If you did, did you notice that when the tribute was given to the movie people who died in the previous year one person, and only one person, had their picture and caption rotated and diminished by special effects?

All that I could tell was that it was a black male as the picture was so distorted and the caption rendered totally illegible on my television set.

I believe that the person chosen for this special, nation-wide, insult was the late and great Ossie Davis.  Was this snub due to a choice made by the Academy, ABC television, or by both?

I wonder if the people at the ceremony saw this corrupted image or a "clean feed" projected on their large-screen monitors?  If they saw the corrupted image that apparently was broadcast nation-wide, I certainly didn't hear any reaction from the Academy members!

The Academy and ABC should investigate this incident,  publicly announce who the snubbed person was and why he was so treated, and then fire those responsible.

Sorry for the rant, but this is one angry old white fart!  Needless to say, I hope that I really saw this incident incorrectly, and that it was only a benign "accident."  I am looking forward to comments from others who saw the ceremony.

Blessed be with peace and love,
John