[Mb-hair] HAIR in California

Leo peacefreak at metrocast.net
Sat Feb 26 10:34:07 PST 2005

Nina, I checked the online archives and didn't see this one listed so I
figured I'd lay it onto you and everyone else.

PEACE,
Leo

Santa Ana College Theatre Arts Department presents

HAIR

The American Tribal Love-Rock Musical 2005

   Book and Lyrics by Gerome Ragni and James Rado

Music by Galt MacDermot

Directed by Barbara Covington     Music Direction by Jimmy Vann
Choreography by Heather Gillette

SANTA ANA, CALIFORNIA: The Age of Aquarius comes to Phillips Hall
Theatre at Santa Ana College as we visit the "Flower Children" of
the formidable and turbulent 1960's. HAIR is as intriguing today as
it was when first presented, and boasts one of the finest rock
scores created for the musical theatre! First produced in 1968, Hair
was a revolutionary theatrical phenomenon, with the first rock-
inflected score (including "Aquarius" and "Good Morning, Star
Shine," among others) to arrive on Broadway, where it ran for more
than four years. It tells the story of a group of young men facing
the draft during the Vietnam War. Its anti-establishment bent makes
it particularly timely right now. HAIR is at once nostalgic,
enlightening, and contemporary, and is sure to have you dancing in
the aisles. Although there is NO NUDITY in this production, HAIR
contains adult language and adult situations, and is not recommended
for children under the age of 16.

Spreading Peace and Love in this production are Valerie Lennert of
Anaheim, Ryan Coon of Corona, Rachel Bergeron of Costa Mesa,  Rick
Boyer of Dana Point, Ryan Wickenberg of Fountain Valley, Rhea
Richardson of Garden Grove, Mark Casares and Roe Piccoli of Long
Beach, E. J. Hindley, Karen Gaertner and Taryn Young of Orange, Jose
Camberos, Cynthia Garcia, Daniel V. Gonzalez, John Hyrkas, Rebecca
Hyrkas and Jessica Morales of Santa Ana, Geoffrey Stewart of
Topanga,  Heather Stoltzfus of Tustin, Rosalba Ruiz of West Covina,
Jessica Le Cheminant of Whittier, and Ethan Brown, Brittany Deneau,
Adrienne DiLuigi and Andrea Tibbs of Yorba Linda.

PERFORMANCE DATES AND TIMES:

Thursday, Friday and Saturday Evenings:  March 3, 4, 5, 10, 11 and
12 at 8:00 p.m.

Sunday Matinees: March 6 and 13 at 2:30 p.m.

PERFORMANCE PLACE:

PHILLIPS HALL THEATRE - SANTA ANA COLLEGE CAMPUS

1530 West 17th Street

Santa Ana, CA  92706

Phillips Hall Theatre and Parking are located on Bristol, just south
of 17th Street.

ADMISSION:

General Admission: $12    Students/Seniors/Staff: $10

Group rates are available for 20 or more. Call (714) 564-5661 for
more information.

RESERVATIONS BY PHONE:

You may charge your tickets on VISA or MASTERCARD by calling the Box
Office at (714) 564-5661

during daytime Box Office hours Monday - Thursday 10 am - 1 pm and
Friday 10 am - noon.

OR PURCHASE TICKETS AT THE DOOR:

The Box Office in Phillips Hall is open 45 minutes prior to all
performances.