[Mb-hair] Re: I was there in SPIRIT .......

Michael Harris wmichaelharris at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 24 15:44:31 PDT 2005

Dear HAIR friends,

Thanks for all the warm birthday wishes - and the accounts of Michael Butler's Friends of HAIR at La MaMa.  Of course I wish I could have been in two places at once yesterday - but I was there in spirit. My family and I will continue to amplify the La MaMa/HAIR connection in our "Coffeehouse Chronicles" session next weekend (April 30, 3-5pm). I hope any of you that are in town will attend.

La MaMa was so important to so many people.  I would never have been connected with HAIR and all of you had I not first collaborated with Ellen Stewart and Tom O'Horgan on projects at La MaMa.  The circle is unbroken.

Often during my eleven months with the Broadway company I dreamed of a world in which the ideals expressed in HAIR could be accepted by the nations and people of the world.  I truly believe that all of us over the years have planted seeds through HAIR that will one day make this a reality.  Maybe not in our time - but soon.

Gatherings like the one at La MaMa are rare reminders of the vibe heard 'round the world - thanks to Jim & Gerry & Galt, Michael & Tom and the world-wide Tribe that keeps growing and glowing.

PEACE and LOVE,

WMH

**