[Mb-hair] Michael B at LaMama 4/23

Little Birdie lbirdie at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 20 12:04:26 PDT 2005

Hi all,

For those of you in or near NYC, Cafe LaMama (often called the spiritual
home of Hair) is having a series of Coffeehouse Chronicles with guest
speakers talking about their personal accounts of the history and
development of the Experimental, International & Off-Off Broadway Theatre
scenes in NYC and at La MaMa ETC from 1961 through 1969.

Saturday April 23, from 3-5 pm Michael Butler will be the guest speaker,
with special guests Tom O'Horgan and many original and early Hair campany
members. I'll be there, as will many other Tribe members (including a group
from this list), List member and Hair alum Michael David Arian is the AD of
the series. It promises to be a great afternoon.

The following Saturday, April 30th, Original Hair cast member Walter Michael
Harris will be the guest speaker, along with other Harris family members
dicsussing their part in the scene back then. Wish I could be there for that
one too - it should be fabulous!

LaMama is at 74A East 4th Street, in the East Village. For more information
call the Box office at (212) 475-7710 or go to their web site at
http://www.lamama.org

Nina

The Hair Archives
http://www.michaelbutler.com/hair/holding/Hair.html