[Mb-hair] HAiR in Tanzania

David Erickson bror.00 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 13:38:33 PDT 2005

Hi All,
Just wanted to drop a quick message tonight before I get some shut-eye
since I'm sure there is a lot of curiosity about us and I did not want
to leave you all hanging too long.  As you saw from my message that
Nina posted, we are a small community theatre group in Arusha
Tanzania, the New Arusha Players.

This is going to be a really big show for us and we will be facing
many of the same issues that most Tribes face in staging the show
anywhere in the world.  Regardless, all of us on the Production Team
are all buzzing with excitement and are looking forward to interacting
with the Global Tribe as we move through pre-production.

Regarding the make-up of the cast and crew, it will be mostly Expats
living here who will be in the show.  In the past we have tried very
hard to get as many Tanzanians involved as we can but have found time
and again that interest drops off rapidly after auditions and when
rehearsals start.  Anyway, I don't want to dive into the whole issue
now just since I want to get off to bed but it is something I am open
to discuss later suffice to say that we will be doing our best.

I'll be producing the show and I'm sure the 2 co-directors and others
on the production team will be joining the list as they have time and
we will let cast & crew know about this list once we get through
auditions.

Again, we are all really looking forward to joining the HAiR extended
family and we will keep our fingers cross in hopes that some of you
might be able to come see our show!  Big thanks to Nina for all her
help and support so far.

Best,
David

P.S. One of the co-directors found a reference somewhere on the Net
where it listed all shows all over the world and that no other African
performances have been documented outside of SA; will see if we can
find that exact site.