[Mb-hair] Explanation and Thanks

joseph.simon at fandm.edu joseph.simon at fandm.edu
Thu Apr 14 07:05:55 PDT 2005

Thank you to all of you who gave me ideas and sent me warm words of
support and encouragement.  I have to defend my proposal for HAIR
this sunday and the executive board will decide then whether or not
it is the show that we will do next year.

Richard,
Let me try and clear this up for you.  There are african american
people on campus, not a whole lot, but enough.  They, however, have
not traditionally been a large part of the theater groups. I was
asking my questions to see what other options there were based on who
I knew I had, as opposed to what kinds of recruiting I would have to
do.  I would never put on an all white HAIR, I to think that gets
away from the message of the show, but this is a small liberal arts
school in "hickville" PA, so its not going to be overwhelmingly
diversified.  I hope that clears the situation up for you.

Again to everyone, thank you for your support.

-Joe
--
Joseph Simon

"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny, but in ourselves."
				-Shakespeare