[Mb-hair] HAIR in Bridgeport

Little Birdie lbirdie at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 11 06:20:23 PDT 2005

Yes, it was another really wonderful evening in Bridgeport Saturday. As
Michael said, they had a very brief rehearsal period, and it was interesting
to see that, although they were extremely good a month ago when we first saw
them, in the weeks since then they had clearly worked on deepening their
performances and one could feel the closeness of their Tribe from the
audience. Can't wait to see them again another month into their run. They
are a wonderful tribe, very strong voices, and it is also very clear that
many of them really "get it", and have been moved by the experience that
they are having in this production. Many performances that were already good
have moved up another notch to great. I am hoping that some of them will
join us here on the list (Dennis...Liza...?) Very significant to me is that
my 13 year old daughter Annie, who loves Hair a lot, but has seen it more
times than most people ever will and is fairly blasé when the prospect of
seeing it comes up, can't wait to go back and see this production yet again.
When Robert suggested we get rush tickets next weekend and not wait until
May 21 to see it again she was the first one to say "Yes, let do that!
Pleeeese!"

It was a lovely evening, made even better by the company in our booths -
especially wonderful was to see Debbie after all those years, and to meet
her husband Mike - I so enjoyed watching the show with you two! Also great
to finally meet you, Charles! And Donna Caporaso of Downtown Cabaret Theatre
made the entire experience so much more wonderful - next time sit down and
join us, Donna! And it is always so wonderful to see Hair with Michael,
Robert, Bill, and Trevor.

We are all going back on May 21 (MB, I have a ticket for you) We are up to
14 for that day, I believe. It would be great to make it more! Jeff - you
better get there! :-)

Any reviews of San Diego Hair? Wasn't there a group going Saturday night?

Love,
Nina
The Hair Archives
http://www.michaelbutler.com/hair/holding/Hair.html