[Mb-hair] FW: Important Reminder - or a HOAX??

fotoblue at flash.net fotoblue at flash.net
Thu Apr 7 14:56:58 PDT 2005

Thank you, Martin!
Hi Michael, I hope you won't get a huge phonebill. do check it!

Isn't it really a sad state of being, if one has to be suspicious of every
good-sounding
offer sent through emails...

Nowadays  I read something and all sorts of bells and whistles go off
immediately.
 recently I had messages from several Banks, from eBay and PayPal.
With some excuse or other of "updating information" , threatening
disruption of
service, if you don't reply right away, and so on.
All pretending to be the geniune item, complete with logos etc, but if you
look at the
source of the message, you realize that the link they offer leads somewhere
else
entirely.
DON'T EVER CLICK ON ANY LINK in an email from somebody you don't know.
Martin is right, it SEEMS to lead somewhere, but that's not necessarily
where it's
going.

 Go to the respective website and search there.

 I report all these emails - although it is a bother and takes time -
they want the total message, Subject intact, with complete "headers"
forwarded to them, the legit company.
And for good measure I send everything to abuse at yahoo.com
(Yahoo is my provider). you should send it to abuse at your provider.
They check things out and let you know...

OK, enough for now

Cheers, and Hugs
 Dagmar
http://www.dagmarfoto.com