[Mb-hair] American Musical thing on PBS!

Little Birdie lbirdie at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 22 05:40:00 PDT 2004

Yes, it should be good, and there is a short segment on Hair included in it.
Here is how they described it to me in an email last year:

"Broadway: The American Musical has been in production at WNET/Channel 13 in
New York for almost two years.  It is a six-episode documentary series on
the history of the Broadway musical, beginning with the Ziegfeld Follies and
ending with the opening night of Wicked on October 31st.  It is conceived,
directed and produced by Michael Kantor and co-produced by Sally Rosenthal
and Jeff Dupre.  Within the fifth episode, there is about a 5-7 minute
segment on the musical Hair.  We use footage from the Ed Sullivan show and
have some wonderful images from Getty and the NYPL, etc.  However, we are
looking to replace some commercial footage with something a bit more
professional."

What I'm also really looking forward to is a documentary about Joseph Papp
currently almost finished with production that contains brief footage (be
still, my archivist's heart!) of the Off-Broadway production of Hair!

Nina

The Hair Archives
http://www.michaelbutler.com/hair/holding/Hair.html