[Mb-hair] Do Not Call List

LilacAmy11 at aol.com LilacAmy11 at aol.com
Tue Nov 30 20:38:59 PST 2004

To me the immediate nature of the original e-mail seems to be misleading
according to the information at snopes.com The web site at snopes says:

the Wireless 411 directory information is not supposed to be supplied to
telemarketers, and because FCC regulations already in place block the bulk of
telemarketing calls to cell phones.

Adding one's cell phone number to the National Do Not Call Registry (even if
currently unnecessary) won't likely have any adverse effect, but customers
should be aware of exactly what that action will or will not accomplish.

So again, I guess if you figure it's better to be safe than sorry, it's fine,
but the original e-mail was misleading in that it was phrased in a way that
telemarketers soon will have a list of cell phone numbers... and that is simply
not true according to snopes.

- Amy

"in time of lilacs who proclaim/ the aim of waking is to dream" - e.e.
cummings

"Life is around you and in you . . . Let the sunshine in!" - HAIR (the
musical)