[Mb-hair] HAIR at The Gallery Players

Little Birdie lbirdie at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 8 18:50:58 PST 2004

Yes, a wonderful production, seen in wonderful company. It was so great to
see some of the original staging again, and I was very impressed with the
level of talent in the company. The Tribe were so welcoming and speaking
with them afterwards it was clear that the experience had made a large
impact on them.

As Michael mentioned, they didn't do many of the newer revisions or the new
lyrics. They cut not only The Bed, but also Going Down, which disappointed
me, as it's a song I love. There were many strong performances, including
Paul Lane as Claude, Vasthy Mompoint as Dionne/Abe Lincoln, and many, many
more. Adam Enright sang Sodomy beautifullyly, as did Julia Kushner with
Black Boys. Too many other strong performaces to list them all individually.
All the singing was very strong and the the dancing wonderful. It was
downright eerie to see some of the original staging.

A great evening - Wish I could go back! Hopefully some of their Tribe will
be joining us on the list, so we will hear about it from their prospective!

Nina

The Hair Archives
http://www.michaelbutler.com/hair/holding/Hair.html