[Mb-hair] Re: Voting in Florida

Cara Robin cararobindesign at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 5 10:00:02 PST 2004

That's a good question and I've heard it's up to each State to decide when
and if to count them.
Doesn't seem right - I remember Election Night when Iowa announced it waits
11 days to count their provisionals - not sure about the absentees.

Very discouraging as I've been voting absentee for two elections and am on
permanent absentee status, as is my mother and daughter. To think our votes
might have not counted!  Especially on close local races and propositions...
The way Ohio did it was to count the NUMBER of provisional and absentee
ballots that came in...
since there were not enough to make a difference in John Kerry's numbers he
then conceded.
But again the question...are they counted at all?

I'll contact the election board here and see what they say.
xo C